Practiced regularly, tai chi can be a positive part of an overall approach to improving and maintaining your health. A form of “meditation in motion”, tai chi is a gentle form of Chinese martial arts. It can be performed just about anywhere, by people of all ages. At Kamloops Tai Chi Club, our focus is on mindfulness, posture and breathing, for health of body and mind.
Benefits of tai chi include:
- increased energy and stamina
- increased flexibility, balance and agility
- increased muscle strength and definition
- increased aerobic capacity
- decreased stress and anxiety
Evidence indicates tai chi may also enhance quality of sleep, boost the immune system, lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels, improve symptoms of joint pain and congestive heart failure, reduce risk of falls in older adults, and improve overall well-being.